News (Click for details)
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
National Service Officers Program
National Service Officers (NSO's) are stationed at VA regional offices, hospitals, vet centers, and state and county veterans facilities nationwide. They provide information, counseling, and claims service to veterans and dependants. NSO's undergo extensive training in veterans' affairs ensuring they are up-to-date on what assistance is available from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Services offered include information regarding eduction, disability compensation, employment, hospitalization, rehabilitation, pension, and many more benefits that are available. This is done at no cost to the veteran or their family.
- Process veterans' claims for compensation, pension, medical care, education, job training, employment, veterans preference, housing, death and burial benefits
- Serve on President's Committee for employment of people with disabilities
- Assist in identifying and helping homeless veterans
- National Appeals Office Located in Washington D.C., the National Appeals office provides quality and professional representation for veterans whose benefits have been dened at the local VA regional office
- Court of Veterans Appeal
- One of five national veterans organizations presenting veterans' claims before the court.
- One of only four organizations to employ a full-time attorney at law to represent veterans
- As court decisions can affect rating decisions on thousands of veteran claims, successful representation protects all veterans